Wednesday 4 December 2013

So Many Visitors!



In the last 2 weeks we’ve had lots of visitors. Oma came to Toronto on her way to visit with her 5 sisters. It was the first time all 6 sisters had been together in 3 years. She tells me she had a wonderful time with them, but, of course, she LOVED her brief moment with ‘magnificent Magnus’ as she likes to call him. Sadly, with all the festivities planned with her sisters and the long travel, Oma only visited with us for a short while. However, she came back to see him again this past weekend with my Aunt Mary. This time, her sisters were getting together again for a party. Rare, indeed, for her to travel this direction twice in 2 weeks, but for a grandmother, any excuse to see her grandchildren is a welcome one.

 
Oma so happy with Magnus

 
Oma seemingly happier with Magnus

 
Aunt Mary with Magnus

 
Check out the confusion!

 
Uh oh!
 
My girlfriends Sherrai and Jen each came to see our little guy in the past few weeks. These are two of my best friends, and it was so nice to be able to catch up and talk about what’s going on in their lives…  a little adult conversation that I have oh so sorely already been missing! Thanks again, ladies, for the recent gifts! He is going to look so good in them at Christmas!

 
 
Sherrai and Magnus
 
 
Jen and Magnus


This past weekend my sister Tanya (or Tante {pronounce TAUNT-AH… Dutch for ‘aunt’}) and her friend Jo were going to Stratford for the weekend, so they stopped in. My mum had informed me that Tanya was really excited to meet Magnus. She brought a second awesome blanket for Magnus as well as a lasagna for Matt and I. Incredibly thoughtful and very appreciated! Thanks Tanya for the great pictures you took!

 
Tante proudly displaying Magnus

 
Jo with Magnus

 
How cute he looks!
 
My friends Alex and Charlie are expecting their first child early 2014. So they stopped by last week to meet the little man and pick up a few things we had set aside for them. Initially when we got pregnant, I didn’t know anyone who was preggers too, but now I have a few friends who are a few weeks to a few months behind me. So I’m really looking forward to lots of playdates next year! We also took a trip out to see Brent or ‘Uncle Brent’, Matt’s best friend in Toronto. It had been months since I had seen him and it was great catching up.  Sadly we did not get a picture of Brent, Alex or Charlie. Next time, friends!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I wish I could snuggle him. He will be so big before I get to hold him. I might need to pop back east sooner than planned. I can feel him in my arms already. I hope you guys get a little break when mom and dad are there.

    ReplyDelete