Saturday 20 September 2014

Leaving the 'hood

Hi, Matt here.

What's going on in the T-Dot?  Well, with the countdown on to our move to the new place on October 10th, Karen and I are trying to get some things done in the 'hood beforehand.  One of the items on the list is getting out on Queen West a couple of times (supposedly the 2nd coolest neighbourhood in the world, according to Vogue's recent list).  Last Sunday we got out for a Sunday walk and found an art festival in Trinity Bellwood Park.  Who knew?  It is so cool, even the Fonze hangs out in Queen West!

The Fonze (and some Chivers) hang in Queen West
Tonight we got ourselves a sitter and are going out after Magnus goes down.  We checked the local listings and saw that Devin Cuddy's band was playing down the street (Devin is the son of Jim Cuddy, one of Blue Rodeo's lead singers).  I called the location to find out about cover charge.  The response: "Devin's right here, let me ask....yup, it's pass-the-hat."  Hmm, I guess Devin hasn't reached dad Jim's status just yet.  Luckily, if it's a bust, there are plenty of great places close by.

 Some other items on the list include:
  • checking out Fort York (done)
  • getting together for drinks with the neighbours (Harold, my "Jamaican Father", isn't too happy that we are moving out, afraid that we will never be seen again)
  • catching a Sunday football game at the Dog and Bear, like we used to do when "we were young and our hearts were open books"
  • getting a trip on High Park's trackless train with my Steph and Rob (Karen has her own) and their two kids
Big plans, I know!  Even though we are only moving 40-45 minutes east by street car, I'm pretty sure we will be hanging out close to home with all of the new attractions (the beach, Greenwood Park, The Danforth and Queen East, Woodbine Park....Brent's sports bar).

As this is the last weekend of summer (I think), I thought that I would close with a couple of shots from the season that was:
Visiting Nanny Donut

Hanging at Sunnyside with my Chariot

"Clothes Optional" at Oma's (sorry, Magnus, but I could have posted pics much more embarr-"ass"-ing!)

Fort York: guns, cannons, graveyards...and sticking my hand in dad's mouth

Hmm, will this fit in my mouth?

Damn straight!


Da' Dallaires

Dock Time!

Sigh...Blanket Time

Bye, Summer!  Yay, Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment