Monday 13 January 2014

Recent Visitors


In the past month Magnus has had a number of visitors. I apologize to these visitors for not posting sooner, but as I have mentioned, oh so little time.

A few of my University friends stopped in to meet the little man. Amy had never held a baby before; all she wanted to do was 'pet him'. So I kinda made her try to hold Magnus, and she did a pretty great job! Holding Magnus was a walk in the park for both Warren and Justin. And boy, was Matt ever glad the guys stopped in. They helped us connect the surround sound to the tv. I know Matt and I are pretty smart people, but sometimes you must defer to those that know, and when it comes to technology, I always ask my 25 year old Asian engineer friends. :)

Justin, our tech savior

Warren, the ol' baby holding pro

Amy holding her first baby!
  
My sister Hilary was working in the area a week or so before the holidays so she and a coworker were able to stop in. Hilary couldn't get over how soft his skin was! Her name, according to our niece, is PoPo, which Mary Beth teasingly assigned to Hilary. It means police, but not necessarily in a nice way. That's Mary Beth for you! 
Untie PoPo with Magnus

I also had a chance to have lunch with two work friends of mine. It's funny sometimes, how you find yourself at a particular point in your life and you serendipitously meet new friends in the same boat. Melodie and I used to work together at our last job. Low and behold, we're the same age, she is also in a new relationship that moved very fast (married just after a year) and now finds herself pregnant!  Yay! She's due 6 months after Magnus!!! It's going to be so fun being on mat leave together. :) And Jackie is also our age, and all three of us started in the same position late in life, within the last 3 years. So we all became good friends very quickly, which is oh so nice! Here are the ladies each meeting Magnus. Boy, do we ever love that vegan restaurant!

Jackie meeting Magnus

Melodie meeting Magnus
 
Some more of my University friends came for a visit few days after Christmas. A few friends were missing from this gang, namely Sabrina and Stephanie and their guys. Stephanie lives in Calgary and we were unfortunately unable to meet up this year over the holidays. However, I saw Sabrina a few days ago when I had a Dr appointment, so I am thankful for that. Lucy, however, who lives in Germany with her boyfriend Marius, was able to make it along with our good buddies, Darryl and Jackie. The 6 of us enjoyed some great pizza and locally brewed beer, and they all had a great time with Magnus.

Darryl, Jackie and Magnus

Darryl getting in some practice

Lucy holding her first baby!

Lucy, Marius and Magnus

Finally, this past weekend, Matt's University buddy, Andrew, and his wife Jen came to our place for dinner. The steak was divine. The company was fantastic. But Magnus had his worst evening ever. He just couldn't lie down as he needed to burp and it just wouldn't come up. So I was unable to eat with our company, nor was I able to go out for drinks with them to watch the football game. Magnus finally went down after 3 hours of trying. Then I thoroughly enjoyed a nice glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment