Tuesday 19 August 2014

I Got You Made

Just a quick update from Matt, here.

I worked from home today, as Karen had an appointment in the morning.  Got to love it.  Sleep in 30 minutes and still get to work on time!

When Karen left for her appointment, I grabbed Magnus and put him in the new - old den with me (had been a den, converted to spare room when Magnus arrived, and then back into a den for staging and until we move).  I set up his toys and turned my back to get to work, knowing that there was nothing around that could really hurt him.  I heard some noise, but nothing crazy, and continued with my work.  I turned around 30 seconds later to find this:
How did that happen?
He had decided to pull down most of our old DVDs and Videos from the 3rd shelf.  Smart enough to know to leave the Magnum PI collection alone, though.

Later, after I had put him down for his nap, I went to grab a banana for a snack.  I thought it odd to find only 2 in the fruit bowl.  Really, I'm standing there thinking, we had just done groceries on the weekend, I had grabbed the bananas, and I was pretty sure that I had grabbed enough to get us through to at least Thursday and I'm pretty sure that today is only Tuesday.  And then I remembered.  I had seen Karen and Magnus sharing a banana the other day.  He is starting to get into our food and to eat more than just his jarred baby food.  He was in his high chair, smiling at me with banana mush hanging off of those two bottom teeth.  I thought that he was just happy.  I'm thinking now instead that it might have been something more.  Leaning back in his chair with that sly grin, the glint in his eye, the casual chuckle...he was telling my, "I got you made, MOFO, and you're so slow you don't even know it yet."

Or maybe I'm imagining things.

Either way, if I see the look again I will try to get a photo.  Let's hope he perfects it by the time he hits the court and the pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment