Monday 25 August 2014

Summer Fun

Karen here.

What a busy summer we've had! We spent SO much time getting the house ready to sell, and even MORE time looking for a new house. It's only been the last few weeks that we've lived any kind of 'normalcy'. Just this past week was the first time I had a chance to do something I've wanted to do all summer. I took Magnus rollerblading by the lake. It was a super hot day and I had a great workout! And what made it even more fun was Magnus and I had a picnic by the water's edge.

Lakeside Picnic

We had so much fun, in fact, that Matt joined us this past weekend. Magnus and I rollerbladed again while Matt went for a run. Sigh. Trying to soak up the last few days of summer (if the stupid polar vortex would go away - 'Augtober' indeed!).

Admittedly, we did get some time to relax this summer. We spent quite a bit of time at the cottage, and Magnus and I got to spend a lot of time with my family too (every few weeks we would drive home to see the Hawkins clan and / or the Raz clan). So I can't say we didn't enjoy the summer. Just that I wish I had enjoyed more.

On that note, here is a dump of photos and videos from the summer.

We begin with some fun with the Hawkins clan.

Magnus Chasing Jacoba

The Oma Train Bridge

Magnus and Jacoba Watching TV at Oma's House
 
Oma Doing Yard Work

And here are a bunch of fun Rasmussen pics.

The 12 Rasmussen Grandkids Making Funny Faces
Pre-Bedtime Swimming
Mags and Mags
Evie and Magnus
Magnus's First Boat Ride!

Magnus and Matt
Charlotte and Bridget
Frannie and Evie
Maggie, Magnus, Evie and Gabe
Bridget, Magnus and Charlotte
Grandpa Raz and Magnus
Hanging on the Dock at the Fripps'

Thanks to all the cousins for helping look after Magnus. You were all a big help, and he had so much fun playing with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment