Sunday 8 February 2015

Another Day In The Life Of A Single Mom

Karen here.

Again, this post is mostly aimed for an audience of one (Matt), but grandparents, aunts and uncles might have a laugh too. :)

After a solid 9 hours of sleep (yay for me!) I was rearing to get to the gym this morning. With Matt away, I'm not going to get there until he gets back. So I was motivated this morning and feeling good. The trouble was cleaning the ice off the car, both before we left the house and after the gym. Tiny rain hail. Ice rain that instantly freezes. All while the babe wails in the car. But we made it home safe and sound.

The real problem with the weather was that it deterred my mother from driving up here. She was supposed to come today and stay with Mags and I until Matt returns later this week. Alas, she decided not to risk the bad weather. Afterall, it was freezing rain where she was too, so that's quite a weather system. She's going to come up tomorrow cuz I still need help picking Magnus up and dropping him off at daycare. You can always count on you mum, right!?

So this afternoon Magnus and I were quite busy. Folding clothes. Changing sheets. Shoveling the walkway. Well, maybe I should say I was busy, and Magnus tried to occupy himself.



We did have SOME intermittent fun though.


1 comment: