Thursday 30 April 2015

Parents of the Year

Karen here.

I guess Matt and I are vying for the "Parents of the Year" award.

I've been taking Mags to the park most evenings before dinner. Now, I'm not making excuses, but even if you're watching your kids 100%, they may still surprise you when they're standing right under your nose.  For example, when they decide to taste sand for the first time.


Yes, I again snapped a photo before helping him out. I can't help it! I have a blog to write!

A day or two later it was the weekend, and I went to prenatal yoga as I do every Sunday (while preggers). When I came home, Matt was raking the front yard looking good in his sunglasses and black touque. And Magnus was secured away on the front porch playing with some toys. I went inside to change and get a bite to eat. Maybe 15 minutes later the front door opened and a panicked Matt rushed inside asking if I had brought Magnus in. Obviously not! So where was he? My heart stopped. Matt ran back outside and I threw on some shoes. Matt ran towards the busy street our side street is attached to, Dundas, so I ran up our street in the opposite direction. After what seemed like forever but was only a few seconds, I heard Matt call my name. I turned to find him waving me towards him, so I ran as fast as I could with my bad back and protruding preggers belly. I got to the intersection just in time to see a stranger hand Magnus over to Matt's grateful arms. Matt profusely thanked him, but the man was just relieved nothing bad happened. Apparently the man was driving on Dundas and saw Magnus walking down the street with no adult in sight. So he promptly did a U-turn on this busy street and pulled over so he could pick Magnus up, just as Matt was running towards him.

Sigh. Our silly son had climbed down the front porch steps and walked most of the way to the library. THANK GOODNESS HE STAYED ON THE SIDEWALK! But how could he have escaped his porch prison you ask? Well, that's where the award comes in. Matt had placed a huge cardboard box in front of the steps. Little did he know that the wind would move the box enough to let Mags out, conveniently in the one minute that Matt had gone to the backyard to get a tool.

Lucky? Yes. Thankful? More than words.



1 comment:

  1. Guardian angels working overtime ...thank heavens!!!!

    ReplyDelete