Thursday 9 April 2015

Easter 2015

Karen here.

We are still recovering from a very busy Easter weekend.

Matt and I worked from his parents' house on Thursday, so Magnus spent the day with his Nan and Grandpa Raz. Laird took Magnus to the mall and he had a great time looking at all the pets. And he went for a long walk with Peg.


These two also spent some quality time checking out new kids videos online.


On Friday we spent the day with my family. We firstly headed out to my mum's house where Mags got to check out bubbles for the first time. I love his giggle!


And my men went for a walk together in my mum's yard. Matt led Mags through the snow with a stick.


So after some fun at Oma's house, we went to my dad's farm where Mags had some more fun outside. We explored the farmyard, and Mags couldn't get enough of the tractors!


He also had some fun in a wagon.


But the poor guy fell down one too many times, and the last time he sat in a deep puddle. So that was the end of his fun. He didn't want to be outside anymore and wanted to be picked up. I was so thankful that Matt had just returned from a run and he was able to carry our muddy Mags back to the house.



Thank goodness I had packed a change of clothes for the little guy. And after all that fresh air, he needed some down time with his Grandpa Hawkins.


Saturday morning we packed up after breakfast and headed out to the home of one of Matt's best friends from high school, Erin. We try to visit them practically every time we make it to Ottawa. We were surprised with 2 new additions to their household.


This video that Matt took is rather short, I know. He thought he was recording more and he wasn't. :( Oh well. Cute though, seeing Mags pet a little guinea pig.

Saturday night was dinner with Matt's family. I barely got to say boo to anyone because Magnus wouldn't have anything to do with anyone else besides his mama. I even had to eat dinner at the 'kids' table all by myself because he had an episode at the dinner table. All good though. He really was well behaved overall for the entire trip, especially considering he was off his schedule. Poor Sammy ended up being super tired too.


On Sunday morning, Magnus woke up to finding Easter eggs having been left for him by the Easter bunny! Somehow, the Easter bunny knew we'd be at Nan and Grandpa Raz's. And he knew we'd sleep in the basement. So as Mags and I climbed the stairs to the main floor, we found some brightly coloured eggs on the stairs. And there was a basket waiting for Magnus at the top of the stairs too! Magnus promptly put the eggs he had found into the basket, and with some prompting, he went searching for more. After finding the first few eggs, we were able to capture the rest of the hunt. :) 


Aren't you tired just reading this post? Trust me. We're tired from living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment