Tuesday 2 June 2015

Hosting Sherrai's Baby Shower

Karen here.

On Sunday I had the honour of hosting the baby shower for one of my best friends, Sherrai (pronounced 'Sher-ray'). Well, officially it was her Sip and See. Her water broke the week before I was supposed to host her baby shower, and she ended up having her son, Levi, a few weeks early. So we threw her a party this past weekend where she could revel in the ooh-ing and ahh-ing of her best friends over her new love. :)

I should point out here that when I say we, I mean myself and Sherrai's bestie, Tracie. It was wonderful being able to share responsibilities with someone else, not having to be responsible for EVERYTHING! Seriously, have you ever hosted a party like this by yourself? So much work. Thank goodness I had Matt to help with the tidying up, and I had Tracie who owned more than her share of tasks! Thanks again, Tracie! 

Regardless of the work, it was worth it. And I have to be honest. I had soooooooooooo much fun researching themed goodies, games and garland! The theme for the original shower was a woodland creatures theme, and we maintained this for her Sip and See. There are an incredible number of ideas floating around on the internet... so many creative people. I totally stole a few ideas and am so happy I did so. Here's a glance at the table setting.



I am very proud of the goodies I made. I made cookies...


This was the easiest 'mushroom cookie' recipe I could find and it still took some effort. They were good though!

I am also proud of my birdies...


Truth be told, however, they were supposed to be hedgehogs, but they just looked like owls to me. Here's what they were supposed to be.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh59V8Aw1vwCAujvJKB-aL7AhJNV19nNLkX12c_Hir7nf9twddT5wJf0ABbFM8upcix08fedmIjBF5fJiiuvQ3ufEraNFr2IMubNjmktrxhP2rFZ_bsyKKlaX21IGu7r5FYg0lU2X0klnI/s1600/326.JPG

Oh well. Birdies still fit, and they were even more of a hit. Lots of people took some home for their kids. :)

But my crowning achievement was dear sweet Porkie...


Tracie also ordered a beautiful and delicious cake. Here is the lady of the hour doing the honours.


Sherrai's friend Sarah put together some games, one of which our friend Kristopher invented - The Poop Shoot.


The object of the game is for each attendee to try to throw as many brown balls as possible into one of the hung diapers. Sounds easy, but trust me, it wasn't. I managed to capture one friend in action.



Obviously everyone had a great time, especially Sherrai. How could you not with your best friends fighting over who gets to hold your baby next?




1 comment:

  1. The cookies look... so tasty! Congratulation for having the baby shower celebration.
    baby full month packages

    ReplyDelete