Sunday 9 February 2014

Magnus is 3 Months Old!






Karen here.




On February 1st, Magnus turned 3 months old. It's hard to believe it's only been 3 months. This is probably due to the fact that I spend almost every waking second with him. I do get some alone time at night when Matt comes home from work. He takes him to the master bedroom to change his clothes and tell Magnus about his day. I also get a reprieve when I go to the gym where the nice ladies at the day care take care of him and usually another 3 - 8 kids. Saturdays are the worst day to go as there is usually a line up for every machine as well as to put your kid into day care. That's in Toronto, anyway, and we are now in Halifax. So hopefully things might be a bit more easy going for the next 3 months. We will see as of tomorrow when I make it to the Goodlife here in town. :)




At 3 months of age, Magnus is surpassing all the milestones... that is, except one. He just can't stand to be on his tummy. And he needs tummy time to learn to push his upper body up. So we force him a couple times a day, but inevitably, never for long as I must give in to the wails of fury. On the flip side he LOVES to try to roll over and to sit up. Many many many times a day, he practices both rolling form side to side as well as sitting up from lying on his back. He's at least a few weeks away from being able to roll from his back to his front all on his own, but in the last few days he has been able to hold himself in a sitting position for a few seconds. A few examples...












In the videos above, he is also doing his other favourite thing these days - cooing. Every morning after I have had my breakfast, he and I have a discussion in a language that only a mother and her baby could understand. My mum got to witness our cooing conversation when I visited her a week or so before we left Toronto. She said we are like twins who have their own language. While visiting her, she and my sister Tanya got Magnus giggling like never before. He laughs quite a bit and smiles so large his whole face is taken up by gums. Normally when he laughs it's one big gaffah but you can hear him really going for it in this video.
 




Oma and Tante making Magnus giggle




Another thing that Magnus has taken a liking to is putting practically anything in his mouth. He's not incredibly coordinated, but he has a strong grip. He loves to grab onto his toys and attempt to stuff them in his mouth. It doesn't matter how big the item may be, he tries with all his might to force it in his drooly mouth. His favourite is Mortimer, a toy one of Matt's uncles (Gary) gave to him. Here you can see his attempts.




Magnus devouring Mortimer

I think Magnus is looking more and more like his daddy. It was evident from day one that he has Matt's body, but we weren't sure who he would look like. Well, I took the following picture on his 3 month month-day. For a month now he has been wearing 6 month clothes, and now that's what he wears exclusively... no more 3 month clothes. You still may not be able to tell who he looks like, but boy, I think he's going to be a big guy. Looks at those mitts! He looks like a gorilla!


Magnus' mitts











2 comments:

  1. Definitely some big paws on that boy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Man, he is cute. That chair really is a score...big and cushy for falling over. So glad you are getting to the gym with him. Always helped me to get out and have a bit of exercise and time to myself. A happy mom is the best for kids, I think :). xo

    ReplyDelete