Friday 21 February 2014

Ships and Giggles

Karen here.


I've always loved being on the water, and I know Matt does too. Some say if you like to be near the water it's because of the ions in the air. I'm not sure on the science about this, but I can say that it's peaceful and relaxing... just what we needed after a few months of new baby craziness.


Halifax is a busy port, so a few times a day we see various vessels pass by our window. Check out a few that we've been able to capture.









These last two are obviously military ships. It's amazing to me that in a few months after he completes a few more military courses, my brother will be assigned to one of them as a weapons tech of some sort (sorry Adam for not remembering your correct title). These ships are huge and incredibly imposing. I hope we can get a tour before we leave the city! (wink wink Adam!)


I feel very fortunate that we got the condo we did here in Halifax. This is the view we get to wake up to every day.







To showcase our new digs, Matt took pictures of Magnus in a few of the rooms.





In the past 2 weeks since arriving in Halifax, Magnus has taken to giggling a lot more. His cooing has progressed into vocal experimentation, and he now loves to squeal in a way that neither Matt nor I can replicate. We try, but we just sound silly. It took us days to be able to capture his shriek on camera.

Magnus shrieking in delight

He's incredibly vocal. He almost doesn't stop trying to talk. I wonder if we have another William or Sammy on our hands! In fact, most mornings now, instead of wanting to eat right away, he prefers to lie beside me in bed and tell me all about his dreams and what he wants to do today. At least, that's how it seems. He looks me right in the eye with those baby blues and coos up a storm. Then throughout the day he keeps it up. I'm used to it now, but on weekends it does unnerve Matt a little. I mean, he just doesn't stop!!! For example...

Can't choose between eating a toy and telling us all about it

Testing out his vocal range

Well, he may be loud, but he certainly is cute.




And he's growing like a weed. Check out his chubbiness!




We've decided to go up in diaper sizes once again after he had a major accident on my lap. Hopefully we can salvage my lululemons.


Shits and giggles indeed. 

3 comments:

  1. Very nice spot! What's a walk and view like that cost in the Big Smoke? 1.5? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place and view! How will you ever leave? I love the pics, esp the ones with Magnus and the monkey...he is changing so quickly. Thx for posting. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! His Chubbiness!!!...I know why he's squealing ...it's baby talk for "Save from this damn swing...I am going to puke"...

    it's ok Magnus...Nanny's coming to rescue you...xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete