Saturday 31 January 2015

Camera Preoccupation

Karen here.

I haven't blogged in a while. And there's good reason for it.

1) I started back to work! Ugh! It doesn't completely suck. I actually really enjoy what I do for a living and probably am lucky to say I have fun at my job. However, after spending 14 months at home with my baby, it was hard to leave him all day with a stranger. Now, it has gotten easier. Afterall, it's been a month so we're all kind of in a groove, mornings and evenings. Weekends are especially nice, if not busier than ever. But it's a few evenings a week that I find hard. See, Matt and I are alternating drop-offs and pick-ups so that we can alternate nights we get to the gym. In theory, it works. In reality, it mostly works. What sucks is the nights I get home from the gym - Magnus is already in bed. True, Matt has his head down in the kitchen making dinner and lunches and I slide in beside him to help. But I don't get to hug or kiss my little guy. Rather, I only see him for an hour in the morning, if that. So not being able to say goodnight is hard, but we all seem to be doing well. Magnus sleeps well, and he eats well, and he seems to really like the daycare lady.

2) I'm pregnant.

So when you combine 1 & 2, you get TIRED!

3) But the biggest reason I haven't blogged in a while is because Magnus has discovered the camera. But he doesn't completely understand it. His favourite thing in the entire world is to sit on my lap and watch videos of himself on my phone. Adorable? Yes. But anytime the camera is out, he wants to watch it. And he gets really upset when he can't. So whenever I whip the camera out to record him doing something fun, or silly or goofy, he runs right at me to see what I'm watching. Needless to say, it's been rather difficult getting any good footage in the last month. For example, the following videos demonstrate what I deal with.







The only way we've been able to catch a video of Magnus is to preoccupy him. Here he is being pushed by his cousin Davin.


And here he is stuffing his face with pasta.


That's it. That's all we've gotten in the past month. So, we will continue to TRY to capture the little man doing what he does best - being a curious 15 month old.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment