Wednesday 20 November 2013

Photo Shoots


Ever since I saw Demi Moore on the cover of Vanity Fair Magazine I have wanted to do a maternity photo shoot. Well, the day finally came in October when I was 36 weeks pregnant. I found the photographer online. I liked her portfolio a lot, and her studio was very close to the house. But the clincher was that her prices were better than most while she still seemed professional (the cheapest were obviously new to the game – their sites  and portfolios sucked).

Matt was hesitant but played the part of the doting partner quite well. Like most people, he is not fond of getting his picture taken, but just take a look at how great they turned out!

 

 


 


 
 
The shoot only lasted an hour which was more than enough time for my cheeks to hurt from smiling so much. When we were close to being done, I was informed my smiles seemed feigned. So the photographer asked Matt to stand behind her because my smiles were much more genuine when I looked at him. (sigh) She was right. The last one is the one Matt likes the best, and it was when I was looking right at him. J


Obviously, I had no intention of stopping at maternity photos. I couldn’t wait to get pictures of Magnus in crocheted hats posed with favourite stuffed animals. So when he was just 6 days old we returned to the photographer’s studio for Magnus’s shoot. It was supposed to take 3 hours but turned into 5 hours! The photographer was great with him. After I fed him and cuddled him to sleep, she continued rocking and cooing him until he was really down. And she had to stop the shoot and rock him again numerous times because of how often she would move him to get just the right shot. But she said she loves doing it. And we couldn’t be happier with the pictures.

 













 

We only received soft copies of the prints we purchased, even though there were a ton more. But we are thrilled with both the experience as well as with the end products. So for our Toronto friends, if you’re interested, look up Lucy Literna (http://www.lucyliterna.com/ ).

 

3 comments:

  1. So awesome, you guys!! You could model! You'll not regret getting these done. Thanks for sharing. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some damn big hoops Matt is jumping through! ;) Matt...which one is going above the fireplace?? Despite my laughter, I must admit they are great photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I can't believe you had a 5 hour photo shoot though...Isabel only lasted an hour with hers. And decided to have her first BM halfway through...so no nudie shots for her :)
    You will really cherish these...and you all look amazing!
    Loving the blog, Trina is really wearing off on people. Not sure how any of you find the time, but am so glad you do. Can't wait to meet little Magnus (and you too Karen).
    Lots of love, Cath xo

    ReplyDelete