Thursday 14 November 2013

There’s a New Kid in Town (And I’m Still Around)


Magnus will have many “firsts”.  One of his firsts at home last week was his first sponge bath on the kitchen counter.  I had been warned by a friend that he will try to, and succeed at, peeing on me every chance that he has.  Although he has succeeded a number of times at getting Karen during various diaper changes, he has yet to hit me.  During his first bath he tried, but misfired and hit himself.  I remember thinking, “Nice try, buddy, but I’m still the man of the house.  Plus, it’s bath time, so there’s soap and water everywhere anyhow! Rookie.” 
 
I thought that I had won.  But no, ladies and gentleman, I was naïve.
 

Magnus upset that he did not get his pre-bath sauna!
 
Comforted by Mom, post-sponge bath. Life is tough!
 
There must be a Sun Tzu quote out there somewhere referring to underestimating one’s enemies. 

The next day, while I was out, Karen and Magnus took a nap in our King bed.  Magnus somehow managed to leak out of his diaper and pee on my side of the bed.  The mattress cover, of course, had been removed a few days earlier and had not yet been replaced.   

Soon afterwards, with one of my favourite pillows acting as support during a feeding session, he did it again.  In my attempt to wash and dry the pillow, it was ruined.   

Some might think it all circumstance.  A baby being a baby.  To think such things, one would have to forget what I had forgotten: there is still Jodoin in his blood.   

Well played, Magnus.  Well played. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I might be a little nervous that he has jodoin blood...I know it makes me uneasy to have jodoin plus McGuire :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete