Tuesday 5 November 2013

Why Plan B?

Hi everyone. The following post was going to be posted on October 31, 2013. I had saved it as a draft with the intention of sharing it with Matt when he came home from work. However, that day everything changed. :) So when you read this first post, please pretend it is from my perspective as of that morning.

                                                                      ----------------------------------

Who would have thought that on Saturday December 1st, 2012 I would meet the man of my dreams. And I was SO not interested! We met at a mutual friend’s Christmas party. I was happy having a few drinks with good friends, not looking to meet anyone. Matt, on the other hand, tells a different tale. Not to speak for him, but he says he walked in the front door, saw me in the living room, and time stood still. He just had to talk to me. It took him a few hours to muster up the courage, but he finally meandered his way into the circle I was standing in. Even though we talked for hours, I still wasn’t very interested; however, I did give him my number that night cuz you never know. We went on our first date a few days later, and I fell oh so hard for him.

And here we are. 11 months later. Living together. A little quick, yes, but there's a reason. What do you think this…


Has to do with this?



Well, we took a trip to Mexico in February and we had a happy accident. It was the best week of my life! And now we are expecting any day now. Our babe is due to arrive November 3, 2013. Neither of us could be happier! Obviously getting pregnant after dating for only 3 months was not part of the plan, but we just rolled with it. Onto Plan B. :)
 
Hence this blog. We are living Plan B and wish to share our trials and tribulations of parenthood with our friends and family. For the moment, I am waiting (somewhat) patiently sitting with my feet up and an electric hot pad on my back all day long while Matt stays busy at work anxiously awaiting my panicked call. We're as ready as we're going to be. Looking at the nursery pictures below, you can see we still have to hang some pictures and we need a shelf for books and nick knacks, but besides that, we're good to go.



 
And I figured I'd suck it up and share the changes my body went through. We took belly pictures every week since mid March. So here's week 7 followed by this past weekend, week 39.
 

 
Yikes! I'm SO looking forward to getting back to the gym.
 
So the next time we post, we will likely have welcomed our little one to the world. There will, of course, be lots of pictures, but in the meantime, I thought I'd share our first family picture, taken the night before we left Mexico.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love love love that you guys are blogging! You are a natural. I hope things are going well with the baby and I so look forward to reading future posts! Xo

    ReplyDelete