Saturday 14 March 2015

Baby Stuff

Karen here.

So, by now most of you know that we're expecting our second child on August 1st. I am now 20 weeks pregnant, or exactly half way. Only now am I starting to actually feel pregnant. I certainly have a bump, and I can certainly feel the baby moving around (although it's only a bit still and only a few times a day). We were happy to have had an ultrasound appointment this past week where we captured the baby sucking its thumb!


Well, maybe it was sucking some or all its fingers. Dunno. But still, cute pic!

This second time around does feel different. The biggest thing is I feel like I'm not paying this baby any where near the attention I paid to Magnus when he was in there. Obviously I can't because I have Magnus to chase after. But that doesn't lessen the guilt. I do take the new babe to prenatal yoga every Sunday though, where I get to spend an hour thinking about him/her. And as it turns out, it's one of the calmest times of my week. I really enjoy it. :)

And speaking of yoga, my friend, Melodie, joined me at class last weekend. She, too, is now expecting her second. Her first child, Calvin, is only 3 months younger than Magnus, and she is currently due 3 months after me again! Plus we work together, sitting side by side. (sigh) It's absolutely amazing having one of your good friends in the same position you are in life. In fact, I'm lucky to have 3 friends currently pregnant. :)

But anyway. After yoga class, Melodie came to my house to hang out for a few. Her husband, Pete, brought Calvin over and we had a play date. Now, babies this age don't really play together, and as you can see from the videos below, they had conflicting agendas.




Poor Magnus was tired for some reason. Matt had just gotten back from a run when Pete and Calvin showed up. So here is Magnus 'helping' his Dada stretch.


Too cute, eh? It was a really nice visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment